OPTION 1: If your school offers AP® courses, contact you AP Coordinator to register for the exams. He/she will order the necessary materials, collect fees and let you know when and where to appear for the exams.

OPTION 2: If you are a home schooled student or attend a school that does not offer AP® courses, you can still take the exams by arranging to test at a participating school. 

  • Call AP® services at 888-225-5427 no later than March 1st to get the names and telephone numbers of local AP® Coordinators. Prepare a list of the exams you plan to take prior to calling so that the appropriate Coordinators can be identified.
  • Contact the AP® Coordinators identified by AP® Services no later than March 15th.

When calling Coordinators to arrange testing, make sure to tell them the following:

  • You are trying to locate a school willing to administer exams to home schooled students or students from schools that do not offer AP® courses.
  • You will be using your own school's code so your exam score(s) will be reported to your school and not the school at which you are testing.
  • Which exams you plan to take.

Once you locate a school willing to administer the exams, the school's AP® Coordinator is responsible for ordering your exam materials as well as notifying you of the times and locations of the exams and collecting fees. (Please note: the school may elect to charge a higher exam fee in order to offset additional proctoring or administration costs). That school must administer the exams for you; they cannot forward them to you or your school for handling.


School Codes: Please list VTVLC's online provider code (000415) on the first page of your answer sheet and YOUR school code on the fourth page of your answer sheet. This will ensure that BOTH VTVLC and your school receive your scores.