Please note: These instructions pertain to Learning Recovery - Brainhoney only. These instructions will not assist you with Moodle.
Step 1: Share your document
The first step is to share your document with your teacher with the necessary permissions. Simply submitting your document through Brainhoney is not enough, as that does not share the permissions on the document. Your teacher will not be able to view your file if you do not share it first from within Google Drive.
Share the document as a link
- With your Google Document open, click the blue Share button in the top right corner.
- This will open the Share with others window.
- Click the Advanced link in the bottom right.
- In the Who can access section, click Change...next to Private - Only you can access
- From the Link sharing options, choose Anyone with the link.
- From the Access section at the bottom, choose the appropriate sharing level. We recommend choose Can edit so your teacher will have the most options for providing you with feedback.
Step 2: Submit your document
Now that you have shared your document, you can submit it to your teacher through Brainhoney as follows:
- When you open the assignment submission window, you will see a link labeled Choose Google Document. Click that link.
If you are not already signed into your Google account, you will be prompted to sign in now.
If this is your first time accessing your Google Drive through Brainhoney, you will need to give permission. Click Accept on the Request for Permission pop-up window.
Now your Google Drive will display in the Select a document window. Click on the file you wish to submit and click the Select button.
Your document will now be linked.
If you wish to include more files from your Google Drive, click Choose Google Document again and select another file.
When done, click the Submit button the bottom of the assignment window to submit your document(s).